Getting Started With Angular 2 Modules (Using The @NgModule Decorator)
With RC5 the Angular team introduces the concept of modules. Angular 2 Modules help to organize your web application into blocks of functionality.
In this video you’ll get a comprehensive introduction to the Angular 2 Modules concept and you’ll learn how to set up a new Angular 2 application using @NgModule.
Advantages of Modularity in Angular 2
- Application can be organized in smaller blocks of functionality
- Easy to extend application by including modules (e.g. for external libraries)
- Angular 2 offers standard libraries like: FormsModule, HttpModule, RouterModule
- Angular Modules consolidate components, directives and pipes into blocks of functionality
The @NgModule Decorator
- An Angular 2 Module is a class decorated with @NgModule
- @NgModule is used to attach module metadata to the class
- Metadata is used to declare which components, directives and pipes belong to that module